Wildcat Service Corporation was founded in 1972. Its mission is to “provide job opportunities and resources for New Yorkers to become economically independent, with a focus on the justice involved.”
Wildcat serves more than 8,000 people each year with workforce readiness training and transitional and full-time employment.
The organization has been commissioned to clean up the high traffic areas of Middle Village, Ridgewood, Maspeth and Glendale, thanks to an allocation by a local council member.
The cleaning crews will focus on these commercial strips:
- Grand Avenue from 61st to 74th streets
- Flushing Avenue from Grand to Metropolitan avenues
- Metropolitan Avenue from 69th to 80th streets
- Fresh Pond Road from 60th to Myrtle avenues
- Myrtle Avenue from Fresh Pond Road to Woodhaven Boulevard
- 69th Street from Queens Boulevard to Calamus Avenue
For more information, visit www.wildcatnyc.org.