Community Education Council for District 24 has two membership vacancies to fill, and they want you to join.
If you’re a parent of a child in Pre-K through 8th grade and/or a parent of an English Language Learner (ELL) in District 24’s public school you’re eligible to apply.
Duties of a CEC24 member include:
- Monthly meetings on the fourth Tuesday or every month with the superintendent to hear public comment from the school community
- Participate in trainings and education programs
- Provide input to the chancellor and Panel for Educational Policy on local concerns
- Serve as a liaison to school leadership teams
- Prepare and approve zoning lines
- Review annual operating budget
- Review the 5-year capital plan
- Prepare an annual review of the community superintendent.
If you’re interested, contact the CEC at CEC24@schools.nyc.gov.